ÍndicePortalCalendarioFAQBuscarRegistrarseConectarse

Comparte | 

YOUNG MODERN - Live At Grace Emily, 2010

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo 
AutorMensaje
lron
Admin

MensajeTema: YOUNG MODERN - Live At Grace Emily, 2010   Dom 04 Dic 2011, 21:13

Pues me he topado con este disco en directo de una de mis bandas australianas favoritas. El LP que publicaron a finales de los 70 es brutal. Con auténticos trallazos. Lo que no sabía es que esta gente seguía tocando. Toda una grata sorpresa.

Aquí está su portada, clavada al Live At Leeds de THE WHO

Mas info extraida del facebook de GROWN UP WRONG RECORDS:

TRACKLIST

1. Automatic
2. The Singer Not The Song
3. Countdown
4. Bracelets
5. Sportsgirls
6. Lies
7. Red Dress On
8. Pensacola Blues
9. Yeah Yeah Yeah
10. Do You Care?
11. Girl Of Mine
12. It’s Not A Crime
13. On Top Of The World
14. It Happened Today
15. Home Of The Brave
16. Baby You Lied
17. Don’t Go To Sydney
18. She’s Got The Money

“The first power pop band from Down Under.” - Bomp! magazine, Jan 1979

Includes ‘She’s Got the Money’, ‘Countdown’, ‘Sportsgirls’, ‘Girl of Mine’, covers of ‘The Singer Not The Song’ (Rolling Stones), ‘On Top Of The World’ (Bluesbreakers) and more, including definitive version of 'Don't Go To Sydney' from Young Modern singer John Dowler's subsequent band The Zimmermen.

Young Modern played their first gig in Adelaide supporting Radio Birdman in 1977, and quickly became the hottest band in town. They moved to Sydney the following year, where they were briefly a 'next big thing', playing with the likes of Cold Chisel, the Angels and the Hitmen before splitting in '79.

Their classic 7" 'She's Got The Money'/'Automatic' remains a much-loved artifact of the early days of Australian independent releases, and their posthumous album 'Play Faster' was indeed one of the first local albums of the indie era. They were featured prominently in Clinton Walker's iconic book 'Inner City Sound', and have been acknowledged as an influence on subsequent generations of bands including the Sunnyboys, the Huxton Creepers and the Ice Cream Hands.

Young Modern singer John Dowler's subsequent band the Zimmerman had a smash indie hit in the mid-80s with 'Don't Go To Sydney' - a definitive new version of which is included here.

This stunning 18 song live album, recorded in Adelaide late last year, finds the band sounding EXACTLY like it's 1978 again. With definitive versions of all their classic tunes, this is masterful power pop that will appeal to fans of Big Star, the Flamin' Groovies, Badfinger and the Nerves.

Overseas press is also on board - legendary UK scribe Kris Needs has just reviewed the album for influential zine 'Shindig', saying:"The group reformed a few years back for gigs and an album, here captured live last year but sounding like it could have been recorded back in their day, such is the energy and passion with which they pile through jingle-jangled originals such as ‘Bracelets’, ‘Girl Of Mine’ and ‘Automatic, plus covers of the Stones’ ‘The Singer Not The Song’ and John Mayall’s ‘On Top Of The World’. Of course, they most recall the Flamin’ Groovies, which can never be a bad thing."

y esta es mi canción favorita del LP

Y otra mas

http://powerpopaction.com
Pedro

MensajeTema: Re: YOUNG MODERN - Live At Grace Emily, 2010   Dom 04 Dic 2011, 22:41

Joder ¡suenan cojonudos!

MensajeTema: Re: YOUNG MODERN - Live At Grace Emily, 2010   Dom 04 Dic 2011, 22:51

Pues yo tampoco conocía este directo. Por cierto, me aficioné a este grupo gracias al artículo de Luís:

http://powerpopaction.blogspot.com/2006/11/young-modern-extremely-highly.html
Pedro

MensajeTema: Re: YOUNG MODERN - Live At Grace Emily, 2010   Dom 04 Dic 2011, 22:54

¡¡Contra!! pues resulta que yo tenía el otro disco que sale en la foto y no me acordaba, pero no porque no sea bueno, que recuerdo que me gustó un montón, sino probablemente por la enorme acumulación de discos

Admin

MensajeTema: Re: YOUNG MODERN - Live At Grace Emily, 2010   Dom 04 Dic 2011, 23:01

Pedro escribió:
¡¡Contra!! pues resulta que yo tenía el otro disco que sale en la foto y no me acordaba, pero no porque no sea bueno, que recuerdo que me gustó un montón, sino probablemente por la enorme acumulación de discos

La reedición de Young Modern? Habrá que recuperarlo, que es cojonuti
http://powerpopaction.com
Pedro

MensajeTema: Re: YOUNG MODERN - Live At Grace Emily, 2010   Dom 04 Dic 2011, 23:02

lron escribió:
Pedro escribió:

La reedición de Young Modern? Habrá que recuperarlo, que es cojonuti

No se si es la misma reedición de la que hablas, Luis, a mí me lo dejó Philippe o Antonio hace muchos años
Contenido patrocinado

MensajeTema: Re: YOUNG MODERN - Live At Grace Emily, 2010   Hoy a las 12:34

YOUNG MODERN - Live At Grace Emily, 2010
Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba 
Página 1 de 1.